necessities and guilty pleasures for homesteading 2
Ok, folks, got a few more to add to the list!
- a garlic tube that peels garlic when you roll a clove of garlic inside it–saves lots of times and painful underneath-
the-fingernails when you need lots of garlic for pickling or marinara sauce
- crock pot/slow cooker for all kinds of wonderful possibilities–homemade applesauce, broths, dinners, etc.
- immersion blender–how I dream of this for Mother’s Day
- a good mixer–love my red Kitchenaid with the different attachments
- a large (at least 4 cup) glass measuring cup–makes a huge difference when you are canning large quantities of something and need to measure lots of liquid
- a big canning pot and all the extras (see my blogpost on canning)
- a citrus zester
- small grater for citrus fruits and hard cheeses
- a mandoline to slice food items very thin
inexpensive ramekins or glass containers–I use mine for holding ingredients for recipes, mixing small amounts of ingredients, making individual breakfast souffles or desserts, etc.
- a good tea kettle and/or coffee press to enjoy that cup of somethin’ while you’re enjoying time in your kitchen
- compost bucket–can’t believe I left this one out of the first list
Keep the comments coming! Always good to keep a wish list on my fridge~